This Goat Farming course is aimed at anyone wanting to rear goats for domestic purposes, as well as for commercial enterprises.
Goats are a very practical and valuable animal to invest in. Their adaptability makes them an outstanding option for rearing for domestic and commercial /hobby ventures.
Goats require minimal upkeep and therefore, provide a good supply of revenue for active goat farmers, as well as new commercial grazing businesses, wanting to add variety to their animal stock.
Why Study With Us?
Flexible Online Learning:– means FREEDOM to study at your own pace, anytime, anywhere.
Tailored Feedback: – Each lesson culminates in an assignment, marked by your tutor, and returned to you with tailored (not generic) feedback, including suggestions, comments, and extra reading if required.
Student / Tutor Support Platform:– You have access to your own tutor through our admin support platform, allowing you and your tutor to easily make contact. Simple to use and always accessible.
- M. V Sc / MSc (Animal science)
- B. Tech (Dairy)
- B. Sc Agiculture
- Regular Diploma more than 15 months in veterinary /Animal Husbandary / Dairying
- Dairy – (milk, cream, cheese, yogurt)
- Wool (fleece goats)
- Body and hair care products, soaps
- Source of manure for gardens and plants.
- They control weeds and wild grass
Who is this course for?
First-time entrepreneurs who want to start a business
Beginner goat farmers who want to grow & market their business
Anyone with land who wants to learn goat farming
- Why do Goat Farming?
- Who can do Goat Farming?
- Present scenario in India and its future
- Why goat farming is most satiable allied agriculture sector for small and marginal farmers
- Comparison with other livestock industry (poultry/ Dairy/piggery) and benefits
- Type of Goat farming
- Comparison of all types of goat farming
- Benefits of goat farming
- Basic needs, unit size and economics of goat farming
Goat breeds & their importance
- Origin of Goat Farming
- Purpose – milk/ meat/dual purpose
- Identification marks and characteristics of different breeds
- Market potential and demand of breeds
- Goat Purchasing precaution, selection of a healthy & Productive breeding stock.
- Determination of Age by teeth method
- Goat Housing and basic Design
- Shed orientation and directions
- Space requirement of goats
- Comparison between ground, elevated (above ground) & low cost housing
- Drinkers and feeders for Goats
Feeding Management of Goats
- Green Fodder crops
- Dry Fodder crops
- Concentrate mixture, Importance, Contents,
- Dietary requirement for different Breeds
- Diet chart and feeding schedule of Goats
- Age and identification of a mature goat
- Goat Oestrous and Mating
- Breeding Buck Selection
- Artificial Insemination & Embryo Transfer in Goats
- Care of Pregnant Goat and Precautions
- Normal Delivery of a Goat and care of a new born kid
- Abortion, Dystocia, Kids management, Care of weaning kid, Rearing & Feeding
- Bacterial diseases of goats, Symptoms, Treatment, and Caring
- Viral Disease of goats. Symptoms, Precautions & Treatment
- Internal & External parasite of goats & their control
- Vaccination schedule, prophylactics & treatment precautions
Farm management practises
- Soil Replacement and Lime Dusting
- Hair cutting
- Dipping & Spraying
- Hoof Trimming
- Wound Dressing
- Feeding and cleaning practices
- Government Schemes
- Bank Loan, Procedure, Documentation, Subsidy
- Insurance & Claim procedure
Marketing and Sales
- Breeding Purpose
- Eid Bucks
- Local Meat/Slaughter
- Goat Milk
- Ideal Goat project for a new entrepreneur
- Economics and income
Get in Touch With Us
Kaushal Vikas Kendra, Crossing of Bihta-Sarmera 4 Lane and Patna-Gaya lane, Beldarichak, Baluachak, Patna, Bihar- 804452
Telephone: +91 9153987823 | +91 8709476192
College Hours: M-S: 09:00 am – 05:00 pm